Eating foods that encourage healthy teeth and gums and seeking early treatment of gum disease are two ways you can attend to your oral health, and by extension, your overall health. To learn more about good foods for oral health and the effects of gum disease, take a moment to explore the information provided in the following links. In NYC, Smile Studio offers high-quality dental care and cosmetic dentistry to the community. Learn more about Smile Studio by checking out our website or by calling (212) 845-9259.
- This article from the Mayo Clinic explains why untreated gum disease can have serious effects on your general health.
- Read more about the health effects of untreated periodontal disease at Perio.org. Click the links at the top of the article to delve deeper into the effects of periodontal disease on each related health problem.
- WebMD offers more information on the ways in which untreated gum disease can contribute to heart disease, stroke, respiratory disease, diabetes, and other health problems.
- This article from The Huffington Post discusses seven foods that can help you maintain a healthy smile and improved oral health.
- Check out this article from Everyday Health to discover what types of foods help and hinder your oral health.